Minutes 31st July 2018

Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 31st July 2018 at Bromsberrow Village Hall

Present:  Cllr. N. Terry, Cllr. J. Stephens, Cllr. D Hunter

One member of the public

  1. Election of Chairperson for the meeting due to the impending absence of current Chair and Vice Chair.

Cllr. J Stephens volunteered to be Chairperson for the meeting

  1. Apologies – There were no apologies.
  1. To receive Declarations of Interest.

There were no declarations of interest

  1. Public Participation

A representative of the Shop Committee delivered copies of their Newsletter and

Informed the Parish Council of the Community Lunch to be held on Thursday 6th

September 2018. This is to celebrate the opening of the Village Shop, 5 years ago.

  1. Minutes

The minutes of the meeting held on 22nd May 2018 were approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairperson.

  1. Highways

(a) Several complaints have been received about the poor visibility when exiting Bell

Lane onto Beach Lane by the quarry. Cllr. Terry and Cllr. Stephens volunteered

to visit the owner of the property at this junction.

(b) Cllr. Hunter volunteered to report the flooding on the corner of Albright Lane, near

the Village Hall, and the large pot hole on the corner of Bell Lane with the A417,

to Gloucestershire Highways.

  1. To approve cleaning of the bus shelter.

It was agreed to employ the previous company to clean the bus shelter with a budget

up to £200. This was approved.

  1. War memorial

Cllr. Stephens reported that plans for the commemoration of 1914 – 1918 War will

include a brief history of the 12 servicemen who lost their lives, wreaths to be laid by a representative of each name, a peal of bells, and the playing of the ‘Last Post’.

A budget was set for up to £300 to cover expenses. This was approved.

  1. Litter

Cllr. Stephens will be meeting representatives from FoDDC and BIFFA on 7th August to discuss litter picking. There will be no cost to the Parish Council and cleaning will be carried out once a month. The litter picking will start as soon as FoDDC have incorporated the parish into their rota. This was approved.

  1. Website

Cllr. Hunter will try to load the website with some outside help.

  1. Financial items

11.1 To approve and adopt the summary of receipts and payments.

The bank statement and the Parish accounts were reconciled and approved.

They were signed by Cllr. Terry.

11.2 To consider and approve invoices for payment.

The payments below were approved.

Invoices paid, since last meeting requiring approval
Payee Date Total Chq No
HMRC Paid 113.40 22213
Invoices to be paid at current meeting requiring approval
Maintenance To pay 455.00 22214
Insurance To pay 504.55 22215

11.3 To approve a payment to the Internal Auditor.

A payment of £50 was approved.

11.4 To approve a new cheque signatory.

Cllr. Stephens volunteered to add his name to the list of cheque signatories.

This was approved.

  1. Matters to be raised for next meeting

(a) Further plans for the commemoration service at the War memorial.

(b) To discuss the speed camera situation.

  1. Date of next meeting

To be arranged.

Signed             N Terry       13th November 2018

Leave a comment