Draft Minutes

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF BROMSBERROW PARISH COUNCIL HELD AT BROMSBERROW VILLAGE HALL ON TUESDAY, 28TH JANUARY AT 7.30 PM

PRESENT: Cllr John Stephens, Cllr Lesley Preston, Cllr Glenis Coats, Cllr David Hunter, Cllr Philip Burford, Cllr Graham Warren

Also Present: Penny Cook, Community Speedwatch Group

Mrs Ruth Warne, Acting Clerk

48 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

48. 1 There were no apologies.

The Chairman proposed and it was agreed to move agenda item 9 item re VAS) to agenda item 2)

49 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

49.1 There was discussion about the new VAS system. Ms Cook, lead volunteer of Community Speedwatch Group, confirmed that there are enough volunteers to operate the equipment. Cllr Preston is part of the volunteer group. Ms Cook will organise the volunteers (it was suggested that each volunteer is responsible for one month and does the downloading at the end of the month. Ms Cook will do a rosta. There are 8
volunteers and they are keen to get started.

.

There was discussion about the post locations. It was suggested another post be put in Woodend Street, however it was thought siting may be difficult. Funding would need to be obtained for another post. Therefore it was agreed to proceed with posts already agreed and revisit this later.

It was agreed not to pay for the VAS until it is installed and working.

[Meeting closed to Public Participation]

49.2 It was proposed, seconded and agreed to pay £120 extra charge to SWARCO for training to take place on a Saturday.

Cllr Preston and Warren will do the training.

50 REPORT OF DISTRICT COUNCILLOR

50.1 Cllr Burford informed the meeting of the following:-

The budget is out for consultation, and there is a proposed increase of 2%. However, there is still a deficit of £500,000 which can be covered from reserves, but this will not be the case next year. There are options to reduce the deficit in

DRAFT – SUBJECT TO CONFIRMATION AT NEXT MEETING

future years (eg, increases on car parking charges, green bin charge). The budget will be decided on 25th February.

The Age Concern kitchen in Cofeford is closing due to financial pressures, the Council may come under pressure to help.

The Council aspires to be sustainable, eg, through use of green electricity, but this is more expensive, and also by use of zero emission vehicles.

Green electricity – is more expensive, but Council does aspire to be sustainable. Also aspire to having zero emission vehicles.

51 REPORT OF COUNTY COUNCILLOR

51. 1 None received.

51.2 Cllr Burford advised that it is thought that the budget will be increased by 4% (ie, 2% plus 2% for social care)

The Police precept may be increased by 2%, this is still to be agreed.

52 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST None

53 TO CONFIRM MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 26TH NOVEMBER 2019

53. 1 The Minutes were confirmed as a true record

54 PLANNING

54.1 Applications

Bromsberrow Heath Business Park, Bromsberrow Heath, HR8 1PG – Revised plans for demolition of a shed/outbuilding and erection of x2 light industrial units, subdivision of existing industrial unit to create two separate industrial units and siting of x5 covered storage units all with associated parking and works (forwarded to Members). It was agreed that there is no objection but to ask that attention be paid to the sewerage infrastructure as there has been a problem in the recent past.

Toney’s Cottage, Chase End Lane – Condition Discharge (forwarded to Members, no objections made, to note)

54.2 Correspondence

The Old Rectory – Appeal dismissed.

Gloucester Local Transport Plan Review www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/ltp-review.

Minerals Local Plan – Notification of Inspector’s Report

https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/planning-and-environment/planning-policy/minerals-local-plan-for-gloucestershire/emerging-minerals-local-plan-for-gloucestershire-2018-2032/.

55 FINANCIAL MATTERS

55. 1 Approval of payments

Invoices paid, since last meeting requiring approval

 

Payee Date Total Chq No
Website 26 November 30.00 22244
Maintenance 23 December 300.00 22245
Invoices to be paid at current meeting requiring approval
Salary 28 January 360.30 22246
Dog bags 28 January 77.70 22247

It was proposed, seconded and

RESOLVED – that the payments as listed above be approved.

55.2 There was discussion regarding retrospective payments, and it was noted that the rules are laid out in financial regulations for regular, anticipated payments.

55.3 A Member queried why the Council is paying for cutting of grass on private land, and was advised that this is because of the investment in the War Memorial, and requests from Residents. The Council cuts grasses on 3 pieces of land: green around War Memorial, around the bus shelter, and in centre of village (bottom of Sandfield).

Cllr Burford offered to enquire of the District Council what land they cut in Bromsberrow.

For the next meeting it was agreed to get a plan of the areas which the Council cuts and establish who owns each piece to ensure that the Council is getting good value for money. The Chairman emphasised that the work which has been done for many years is of a good standard.

It was noted that cutting of grass on private land can be done if there is a case for community benefit.

55.4 There was discussion regarding dog bags: these are supplied free of charge by the Council to the village shop for them to give to residents. It was agreed to defer further discussion for the time being; Cllr Coats will talk to the staff in the shop to find out details of usage of the bags.

55.5 Regarding the website, the Clerk had spoken with Mr Millmore – he is unable to do the training until early April.

After discussion it was agreed that the Council needs to make sure that the website meets legal requirements, to query the invoice (which includes training, but this has not been done), and use the suggestions from Cllr Preston to improve the website.
Dymock Parish Council have a very good website, and it was agreed that the Council talk to their Clerk.

DRAFT – SUBJECT TO CONFIRMATION AT NEXT MEETING

55.6 Review of financial regulations. It was proposed, seconded and agreed to increase the limit of £250 to £300 for regular items which are within budget.

55.7 Receive statement of budget against expenditure. It was proposed, seconded and agreed to accept the statement.

55.8 Appointment of Internal Auditor for 2019/20. It was proposed, seconded and agreed to use GAPTC.

56 TO RECEIVE ANY REPORTS ON HIGHWAY MATTERS AND AGREE ANY ACTION

56. 1 The VAS will be delivered early March; training to take place on 21st or 28th March.

57 TO RECEIVE REPORT OF ACTING CLERK

57.1 Items were reported as follows:-

The defibrillator has been returned to telephone box.

Publication scheme – minor changes agreed. This will go on the website. It was agreed to provide the Acting Clerk with a mobile for parish work.

Printer purchased

“Healthcheck” done on laptop

Parish history – Cllr Coats was thanked for her excellent work. There was discussion and it was agreed that she do further work on this. The history will be put on the website.

58 TO RECEIVE CORRESPONDENCE

58.1 To note:-

All emails from District Council, County, GRCC, GAPTC, Forest Health Forum, RSN forwarded to Members

Advertising material from various suppliers (Evonorth, Earth Anchors, Kompan)

District re Register of Electors – Clerk not allowed to forward to Members.

Former Clerk re Minutes. It was agreed to chase her for the hard copies of Minutes.

District – Tree Planting

58.2 For Action:-

County – Winter Plough Operators Paperwork. The Chairman has contact details of the snow plough operator.

Cheltenham Motor Club re Event Permit for 6th September. Members were asked to send comments within a week.

59 ANY OTHER BUSINESS (FOR INFORMATION ONLY)

None

At 9.45 pm the Chairman proposed and it was agreed to move into Confidential Session pursuant to s1 Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 for the following business:-

Confidential Minutes of meeting of 26th November

DRAFT – SUBJECT TO CONFIRMATION AT NEXT MEETING

Planning and Enforcement Matters Staffing