Draft Minutes

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE FULL COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY, 24TH SEPTEMBER AT 7.30 PM AT BROMSBERROW VILLAGE HALL

PRESENT: Cllr John Stephens, Cllr Lesley Preston, Cllr Glenis Coates (coopted at meeting), Cllr Gill Moseley, Cllr Burford

Also Present: Cllr Will Windsor Clive (County Cllr), One Member of the public, Mrs Ruth Warne, Acting Clerk

18 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
18.1 Received from Cllr David Hunter and Cllr Brian Lewis.
19 TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR COOPTION
19.1 Mrs Glenis Coates introduced herself and explained her involvement in local activities and organisations.
It was proposed, seconded and agreed that Mrs Coates be coopted on to the Council, whereupon she signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and took her seat at the table.
20 REPORT OF DISTRICT COUNCILLOR
20.1 Cllr Burford advised that consultation is open until 23rd October on the Local Plan (2020-2041), known as “Plan 41” (Clerk to contact Nigel Gibbons in Forward Planning to ask for relevant email which has not yet been received). This is an important matter: the District must find 8,000 building plots for dwellings. The current plan has already 4,000 identified plots approx, leaving about 4,000 to find. Lydney, Coleford and Cinderford are constrained for various reasons. There is scope for development of possibly up to 1,000 homes at Beechley Barracks. There are various options for finding sites for the others, including in the villages, asking neighbouring authorities to take some, or to create a garden village. The Issues and Options document lays out the choices which the District Council will make. It would be advisable for the Parish Council to have an additional meeting to formulate some representations. There will be a mix of housing, and large sites are currently expected to be 40% affordable homes.
21 REPORT OF COUNTY COUNCILLOR
21.1 Cllr Will Windsor Clive advised that the proposal to remedy the “missing link” is progressing, the incinerator is being fired up, and child protection is improving. It is a challenge to balance the budget. He is trying to progress the VAS sign for this Parish. He has received many emails about the recent rally which was not publicised well enough by County Officers.
The Chairman commended the rally organisers for their work and thanks have been sent to them for ensuring that the War Memorial was respected.
[Cllr Windsor-Clive left the meeting] 22 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
22.1 None
23 TO CONFIRM MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 30TH JULY 2019
23.1 It was proposed, seconded and agreed that the Minutes be confirmed as a true record.
24 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
24.1 The Resident expressed satisfaction that the Council is looking to address the issue of speeding in the village.
There was discussion. A Member advised that there is a local Community Speedwatch group, from which data has been sent to the Police. There is clearly evidence of speeding through the village. Nearby villages have purchased VAS signs. The County provide the posts, other villages have paid in full for the VAS devices.
25 PLANNING
25.1 Applications
Bromsberrow Business Park – Change of Use from B1 (light Industrial) to B2 (MOT Testing Bay)
The Council did not received notification of this – it was agreed to advise Clive Reynolds at District of this omission. Permission has now been granted.
25.2 Correspondence
Invitation to public consultation events for Dymock Neighbourhood Plan (28th Oct & 6th Nov)
FoDDC – Local Plan – Issues and Options Consultation (open until 31st October)
Application for New Premises Licence – Russells End Farm (forwarded to Members)
Sandpit South – reply received from County Senior Planning Officer: there is no planning permission for the skip business, and the County have advised the operator that they should apply for this. It was agreed to advise Cllr Windsor-Clive of this, and to find out who the portfolio holder is. Great concern was expressed about the lack of action over the years by the County with regard to the operation of this skip business, whereas other local traders are known to respect planning requirements. The current activities cause an unacceptable level of noise and dust.
26 FINANCIAL MATTERS
26.1 Approval of payments
• The statement of payments and receipts was noted.
• The webmaster has advised that he will invoice the Council £30, but no invoice has been received yet.
• No invoice has been received for grass cutting.
• The payment of £270.30 to the Acting Clerk covers the period from 30th July up to this meeting and includes catch up work.

26.2 It was agreed to draw up a budget for the November meeting.
26.3 Website training. This costs £70, and must be undertaken before the webmaster will give access. The website still needs updating. The Acting Clerk advised that she will be moving out of County and therefore is not able to take on the role of Clerk.
It was agreed to from a staffing sub-committee (Cllr Preston to lead, Cllr Burford and Cllr Hunter). The post will be advertised on the GAPTC website, and locally, and interviews will be held. The Acting Clerk will forward the NALC salary scales to Cllr Preston and will continue to act as Clerk in the interim
27 TO RECEIVE ANY REPORTS ON HIGHWAY MATTERS AND AGREE ANY ACTION
27.1 A site meeting was held with the Local Highways Manager on 11th September re the proposal for VAS and Village Gateway: Sites for posts have been agreed covering the whole of the main road.
There was discussion and it was agreed to get a VAS of the same type as Staunton and Corse have, which flashes up the speed and says “thank you”. There will be 5 posts, and the VAS will be moveable. The Acting Clerk will fill in the application.
It was proposed, seconded and
AGREED – that expenditure of up to £3,000 be authorised for this project.
There is currently no Village Gateway for Bromsberrow Heath. The LHM had sent a link to a document “Community Approaches to Road Safety”. There are currently no 30 mph speed limits for the village.
27.2 Stickers for wheelie bins – suggestion of reimbursement to residents of Bromsberrow Heath who have paid for “20 is plenty” stickers.
After discussion it was proposed, seconded and
AGREED – to pay £40 reimbursement on production of an invoice. It was further agreed to obtain another 50 stickers (Clerk to approach County and Police first to see if they can be provided free of charge).
28 REPORT FROM MEMBERS ON DOCUMENTS KEPT AT VILLAGE HALL
28.1 Two Members have sorted out the old documents.
It was agreed that Minutes which are more than 5 years old will be sent to the Archives. There is, unfortunately, a gap in records including Minutes, from 2008-11. The last 5 years of Minutes will be put on the website.
A Resident has asked for access to old minutes. It was agreed to contact her again and advise that the Minutes have now been sorted and can be made available to her.
29 REPORT OF ACTING CLERK
29.1 The Clerk has prepared the documents required for compliance with GDPR.
The Council is also required to have a publication scheme. The Clerk has started to draft this but it needs input from Members. It was agreed to circulate this to the latter.
29.2 A Member advised that Newent has a 4 year strategic plan.
30 TO RECEIVE CORRESPONDENCE
30.1 To note:-
All emails from District Council, GRCC, GAPTC, Forest Health Forum forwarded to Members
Advertising material from various suppliers (Broxap, Kompan, Plantscape, Earth Anchors)
30.2 For action:-
Request from Resident to view Minutes (see Minute 28.1 above).
Complaint from Resident regarding lack of notification of motor rally on 7th September which had clashed with a local fund raising event. The Clerk has sent the Resident an interim reply, there was discussion, and it was noted that the rally had been well organised; and that the exact route could not be publicised in advance as it would spoil the event
Offer of dementia training – noted only.
31 ANY OTHER BUSINESS (FOR INFORMATION ONLY)
31.1 None.

The Meeting closed at 10 pm.